Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pen Making and other Mini Lathe Projects

A mini lathe is great for Pen turning. I have a Jet mini lathe I use for all of my turning and woodworking. In addition to turning pens on my lathe I have also made the following projects.
1. Wine stoppers
2. Small bowls
3. Candle Holders
4. Tables legs for shaker tables (can be seen on mt web site)
5. Small birdhouses
6. Knobs for other woodworking projects
7. Tool handles
8. Duck call
9. Lidded boxes
10. Key rings
11. Small plates
12. Doll house furniture
I'm sure there are other items but this list may give you an idea of what a small lather can be used for. I have an extension for my lathe but rarely use it. In fact the only times I have used it, is in turning table legs and one time I made a cane. So an extension is not something I would buy right away. Be careful with a mini lathe, it can become addictive.
http://www.nokeswoodworks.com/

No comments: