Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mini Lathes projects


I have a Jet Mini lathe. When I first bought it, I was sure I would not use it that much.
It has become a very useful tool in my shop. I use it for pen making. I have made hundreds of pens using my lathe. I have made them from wood and plastic and horns.
I mostly give them away but I have sold a few.
I have made bottle stoppers,game calls,knobs, and letter openers. I have made mini birds house to hang on the Christmas tree, as well as wood christmas decorations. I have made several shaker candlestick tables. See picture above. I have even made a custom walking cane. I have made a number of small bowls.
Turning is fun and can be additive. Once you buy the lathe, the next big purchases are the tools with which to turn. Chucks or mandrels will also be needed. Please email me if you would like more information on lathe tools. I have made a lot of projects using my mini lathe.

No comments: