Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bandsaw

The Bandsaw is the most overlooked tool in the shop. My bandsaw has become a do everything machine. I use it many times instead of my tablesaw. Especially for smaller projects. Its the tool of choice anytime I am cutting curves. I use it to make some cuts on dovetails. I use it to trim pen blanks to size. I also use it for Bandsaw boxes. It can resaw thick wood to give me the thin wood I need for small projects. Its great when making pen boxes or candle boxes. I have even used it to cut table legs.
My bandsaw is the Jet 12" floor model. Most people go for the 14" model but to date the 12" model has done a great job.
Any time I want to prepare wood for the lathe for bowl making my first stop is the bandsaw.
For me the bandsaw is a must have tool in the shop.
Please visit my web site for more information http://nokeswoodworks.com

No comments: