Friday, September 26, 2014

Probotix CNC X90 router , First Cut



Well last night , I finally made the first cut on the CNC that looked like anything.I have been trying for a couple of days. I just could not get the router to do what I wanted it to do.


The router would go when when I thought it should go down ,or I would try a 3" letter and it wanted to cut a 10" letter. I went to the forums and found that the settings file that came with the Planet CNC USB software had to be changed for the Probotix CNC. I want lucky and some one sent me the correct file, I uploaded the new settings and things got much better.

I had one more piece of the puzzle to work out.What post processor to use with the Vertric CUT2D software. There are no choices in the drop down menu for Probotix. Again back to the forums.

I found out that the EMC2 G64 arcs choice in the drop down menu works. This works for CUT2D, V CARVE PRO and ASPIRE programs from Vectic .


Armed with this, I made very simple letter word, (my name) in CUT2D and chose the EMC2 G64 ARCS post processor went to the shop. I changed the settings file, a simple import settings from the menu and I was ready.

The router did what I expected it to do. I still have a lot to learn about CUT2D software but I am well on the way now.I am trying to decide if I should stay with CUT2D or upgrade to V Carve Pro. CUT2D is the basic program with limited design tools. V Carve pros more advanced and can do a lot more design work. It also cost a lot more 4 times as much.


At this point I am happy with the Probotix cmc ,there customer service and where I am at in the process. i will keep you up dated as I progress.Oh I did find out the hold downs in the fiber board will not work. I will be looking for a new or improved method, I may simply order the extrude aluminum base board.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing
happy wheels
super mario bros
pacman
agario