Monday, January 5, 2009

Wood Turning Tool Dovetail Chisel

The Teknatool Dovetail Chisel


The dovetail chisel is a special tool for wood turning. I use it in conjunction with my Nova G3 chuck. The dovetail chisel that I use is a Teknatool chisel and was purchased at Woodcraft.



I use this chisel on the bottom of bowls to make a cut which will fit my Nova chuck jaws. See pictures for the type of cut I make in the bowl bottom and the jaws on my chuck. This chisel is made of HSS, which will stay sharp longer. Although this is a special chisel and not one I would pick as a beginning tool, a beginner could make good use of this tool. The tool cuts cleanly and fast making it easy to mount my bowl to the chuck securely. I don't worry about the bowl flying off the chuck.
Please visit my web site which I have updated to include a garden and seed store. http://nokeswoodworks.com/

No comments: