Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sedona Pen Kit made with Gemstone Blank

Sedona Rollerball Pen Kit


This is a silver plated rollerball pen kit. I used a Turquoise with black web Gemstone blank. I am please with how it turn
ed out. The Gemstome black was easy to drill and easy to turn. There are a little on the expensive side $8.99 per blank, but in this case well worth the
money. The blank was finished using micro mesh sanding pads up to 32000 grit. I then used a light coat of wax. This makes a great pen.
Please visit my web site : http://nokeswoodworks.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have enjoyed reading your blogs. I have been making dollhouse furniture using mini-tools for years and now working with a Jet mini lathe on my first bottle stoppers and pens. Planning to use an epoxy glue for the pen tubes. Any input on how long this type glue needs to set up before putting on the lathe for turning?

Unknown said...

I use 5 minute epoxy and i wait about an hour before I use it on the lathe, just to make sure it dries well

Disck Steussy said...

Have you tried my BowlSaw? It allows you to turn 2 bowls from one blank.

Try it for free.
www.bowlsaw.com